FUNDRAISER ITEMS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP:
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2020
Please call the office to inform us when you are coming.
Small orders will be sent home by the students unless the parents
informs the teacher to hold the items at school.
Thank you parents for responding so quickly to our efforts to take precautionary measures should a stay at home order be put in place. We received many packets this morning. We will be returning some packets with missing information. Please supply the information requested and return the paperwork to school tomorrow.
The following are answers to frequently asked questions regarding Chromebook paperwork sent home yesterday.
1. If a parent has already paid the $30 insurance fee for Virtual at the beginning of the year, they do NOT need to pay again. Please indicate that on the form.
2. If a parent says they paid the "Family Cap Fee" of $60 at one of the other schools, they must show evidence of payment/receipt. They can send a pic of the receipt through remind.
3. If the student has a Chromebook or other device at home, the parent may opt out of receiving a school issued device. However, they MUST sign and return the Video Conferencing Guidance Consent Form, as well as the Student User Agreement Form. EVERY child MUST turn the two items listed even if they opt out of receiving a Chromebook.
4. Please make checks payable to Teche Elementary.
5. If the parent indicates that the paperwork was signed at the beginning of the year when the child was a Virtual student, please request the paperwork from the Virtual teacher.
6. The section about the assessment of the condition of the Chromebook can be left blank until the Chromebook is picked up.
7. If a child was a Virtual Student at the beginning of the year and still has not returned his/her Chromebook, they are required to return that Chromebook. If and when Chromebooks are distributed for home use, they will be issued a Chromebook.
St Martin Parish Approved for Disaster Food Stamps
St. Martin Parish has been approved for DSNAP (Disaster Food Stamps). The application process runs from Monday, November 16 - Friday November 20, 2020. SNAP recipients are not eligible for DSNAP and also should not apply. Information about SNAP benefits changes related to Hurricane Delta can be found at www.dcfs.la.gov/SNAPstorms.
Residents are encouraged, but not required, to take the following steps before calling to apply and be interviewed for DSNAP:
- Pre-register online first. Step-by-step instructions for this can be found at dcfs.la.gov/DSNAP.
- Download the LA Wallet mobile app for identity and residency verification. Information on the app, including download links, can be found at LAWallet.com.
- Gather all information needed for the application. A list of what is needed can be found in the FAQs at dcfs.la.gov/DSNAP.
Residents who pre-registered or applied for DSNAP after Hurricane Laura (or anytime since March 2020) do not need to pre-register again.
When residents call to apply and be interviewed for DSNAP, a worker will verify the applicant’s identity and residency, and obtain information about their income, resources and disaster-related expenses. Most applicants will be told on the phone immediately after completing their application and interview whether they have been approved to receive DSNAP and if so, the amount of benefits they will receive. Applicants will also receive a letter by mail, confirming the eligibility decision made on their application.
Applicants may name an Authorized Representative (AR) to apply for DSNAP benefits on their behalf. The head of household must authorize the person to serve as AR on their behalf, and the worker will need to speak to the head of household to confirm that they agree for the AR to speak on their behalf.
Additional information about DSNAP can be found by texting LADSNAP to 898-211 or by visiting www.dcfs.la.gov/DSNAP
(Please note: changes in lunch menu may be made without notice)
Kind to Others
Below is the link along with instructions that you will need if you are having problems with login into the parent command center.
You will need to click on the link and when it comes up click on Student Progress Center Video.
HEALTH CENTER EXCUSE LINE